So we decide. We start making plans. We make big plans. The only thing left was the official proposal. We had met the family. Dad had threatened him with several guns (an entirely different story, see things get serious post). The proposal still needed to happen. It happened on Saturday, May 4th. That day, David asks what I want to do. We had thrown around several ideas earlier that week, the aquarium, the tulip festival, another lazy day of movies and the park, making food together....I told him it was up to him and he decided that we could go to the aquarium. We head up there. The nice lady welcomes us to the aquarium enthusiastically. We get a map to make sure we don't miss anything and we start on our way. We see all sorts of cool things. We touched the sting rays, much to David's dismay. We saw the penguins eating and the daddy penguin giving pebbles to the mommy penguin while she was laying on the egg, just like in Happy Feet! We look at the super cool snakes and fishes of all kind. Then he looks at the map and states that we hadn't seen the jellyfish. Well! You can't miss the jellyfish! So we head over there. The jellyfish were in a little secluded area, he let me guide the way. The little jellyfish alcove is dark and in the corner so that you can see the jellyfish glow really awesome colors when they lit them up. There was a nice lady cleaning the glass to the tanks. She told us that she would get out of our way and everyone was just so nice! While I'm staring intently at the different colors of the jellyfish, I notice someone is lowering something into the tank, I think, "Oh, they must be cleaning it...except it's a piece of paper." I wait to look at the paper. It says, "Will you marry me?" I think: "Oh! That's so cute that someone is proposing!!" I look around to see if we are in someone's way and to watch the proposal. I don't see anyone, so I turn around again. With the whole sign lowered it stated: "Allie Harrison, will you marry me?" What!!! That's me!!! I look over at David, and there's the love of my life, kneeling down. He asks simply if I will marry him. I say yes...the next little bit is a blur. He ties a string on my hand and whispers that it represents the first time we held hands (which happened to be during the movie, "The Count of Monte Cristo." We had been customizing a ring and it isn't finished yet). He hugged me tightly, then he kissed me. I noticed then that people must be around because there was a faint clapping...I hold his hand and realize that we're both shaking. Gah!!! It's official! I'm engaged. Not only am I engaged, but I'm engaged to someone that I want to be with forever. To David...to my David...to my forever! To my everything. The rest of the day was a blur of love haze, that's the only phrase I've got for it. The aquarium staff kept smiling at us knowingly and congratulating us. We got some nice pictures. Jellyfish became a big deal for us. Mmmm! How I love that man! Yup, we're ready to start our forever.


No comments:
Post a Comment