The tale begins, as most tales normally do, on a typical day. A day not particularly set apart as a special day. I was enjoying my day being new to the tiny town of Provo. It was a beautiful day outside, and I decided that I needed to be around people that I love. I called up my good friend, and mission companion, Jessica Miller and asked if she wanted to spend some time together. She agreed that we needed some girl time together. She was having a birthday cake with some of her friends for a guy that she knew and said that they would be thrilled if I came over. And I did. On this typical day, I met the love of my life, the love of my forever: David Taylor, though I didn't know this would be the case at the time. During the party he was just a name of someone that I thought I would never see again. A typical name to a pretty typical (but also very cute) boy. That's the thing that's so amazing in life. Like Sleepless in Seattle says: "You make a million decisions that mean nothing, & then one day, you order take-out, and it changes your life." And well, I guess that's not really how it started, because I didn't order take out. All I did was call a friend. And I met my forever. And although I didn't know it at the time, God always had a hand in my life, in the love department, in all departments. We saw each other off and on after that. Always in a group setting, never really on purpose.
I decided I liked him personally when we decided to have a movie night. Millie (Jessica Miller) and I decided to invite a bunch of people over for a classic movie night. We forgot to tell everyone to wear pajamas. So Millie and I did, but nobody else did. We watched the movie, What's Up Doc (still in my top 5 of favorite movies of all time). David flirted with me the entire time. I thought, "Well, that is a confident man. A good man, since he can still flirt with a girl in her pjs." Yup, that was when he got on my radar. But nothing exciting happened in our friendship until my family came to town...


No comments:
Post a Comment